Sign up now for the Summer Art Mentorship program!
For more information: Please see the invite on the “events” page
MENTEE SIGN UP BUTTON
MENTOR SIGN UP BUTTON
Latino Arts Foundation Mentorship Program in the arts
June 15th to August 10th
10am to 12pm
Ages 8 to 22 years of age
Creative Writing & Poetry mentorship
Visual Art mentorship
LATINO ARTS FOUNDATION ART MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
Mission - To create an inclusive mentorship environment, focusing on the artistic growth and development of aspiring artists in all art genres.
Why do we need a mentorship program? The Latino Arts Foundation Art mentorship program is an unconventional mentoring program focusing on the talent of the students while embracing and supporting their creative imaginations. Mentors and mentees will explore all genres of art including but not limited to visual, creative writing and theater. The students inspire the mentors as much as the mentors inspire the students.
The mentorship program will offer:
· Artistic Development
· Leadership Development
· Confidence / increased self- esteem / motivation
· Skill development
OVERALL mentorship program guidelines:
· Information - Mentors share their knowledge, experiences, and wisdom. Mentees share their need, want and expectation from the mentorship.
· Support - Mentors encourage growth and achievement by providing an open and supportive environment. Mentees feel safe to accept supportive and open environment.
· Goal Setting - Mentors help mentees discover talents and interests and define and attain their goals. Mentees come up with at least 2 goals to achieve by end of session. Mentee and mentor come to an agreement on what is the goal(s) for the mentor session.
· Advice - Mentors guide mentees in reaching artistic and personal goals. Mentees listen to advice and be open to dialogue.
· Role Models - By sharing stories of achievement with mentees, mentors can become role models.
· Contacts - Mentors provide valuable opportunities by facilitating networking opportunities, if feasible in the mentorship situation.
· Challenges - Mentors stimulate curiosity and build confidence by presenting new ideas, opportunities, and challenges. Mentees can accept the challenges, opportunities and new ideas with an open mind and open dialogue.
· Acts as an experienced role model
· Provides acceptance, encouragement, and moral support
· Assists with the navigation of artistic settings, structures, and politics
· Established career and early career
· Professional to professional
· Peer mentoring (same developmental level with specific experiential differences)
· Always know 2-3 things that people can do to help you
· Listen and be listened to
· Be supported and encouraged
· Share critical knowledge
· Develop in self-confidence and awareness
· Be assisted with professional development
· Be challenged.
Latino Arts Foundation, Inc. powered by Squarespace